About the CRBF
CRBF has been operating for 5 years and was established to provide pathways for promising basketball players and coaches in Canterbury and the wider South Island with a focus on the following:
- Representative Programme – contracted by Canterbury Basketball and North Canterbury Basketball Associations to deliver the Canterbury under-age representative programme from U13 through to U19 age groups focused on player and coach development.
- Schools Mentoring Programme – work with the low-decile primary, intermediate & high schools in the region to deliver a mentoring programme using basketball to develop disciplines for both sport and life while developing a consistent basketball programme in each school.
- Mainland Eagles Programme – deliver a holistic programme for South Islands most promising players that supports their academic, basketball and leadership development and assists them to access US College Scholarships.
The iconic Canterbury Rams were re-established at the same time as a sister organisation of CRBF with the following focus:
- Contribute significantly to the growth of basketball throughout the region with a highly performing and well run elite team enhancing the profile and popularity of basketball.
- Rams players and coaches to directly benefit junior talent through the region.
- Facilitate and provide development opportunities and a pathway for players and coaches throughout the region.
There is potential for the role to be full time role to fit with the experience of the candidate. We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Program Administration
- Ability to co-ordinate yearly organisational calendars
- Ability to manage court bookings for all elite programs
- Ability to communicate with athlete and parents via the Own Ur Goal app
- Experience building relationships with key stakeholders and service providers
- Experience with providing administration with school and community programs
- Event Management
- Ability to provide administration with Induction, Exit & Quarterly Camps
- Ability to manage booking of third party service providers
- Ability to co-ordinate game day management
- Athlete Tracking
- Ability to track academic school subject selections and reports
- Ability to communicate NCAA eligibility and SAT Exam education