About CRBF and the Rams
CRBF has been operating for 5 years and was established to provide pathways for promising basketball players and coaches in Canterbury and the wider South Island with a focus on the following:
- Representative Programme – contracted by Canterbury Basketball and North Canterbury Basketball Associations to deliver the Canterbury under-age representative programme from U13 through to U19 age groups focused on player and coach development.
- Schools Mentoring Programme – work with the low-decile primary, intermediate & high schools in the region to deliver a mentoring programme using basketball to develop disciplines for both sport and life while developing a consistent basketball programme in each school.
- Mainland Eagles Programme – deliver a holistic programme for South Islands most promising players that supports their academic, basketball and leadership development and assists them to access US College Scholarships.
The iconic Canterbury Rams were re-established at the same time as a sister organisation of CRBF with the following focus:
- Contribute significantly to the growth of basketball throughout the region with a highly performing and well run elite team enhancing the profile and popularity of basketball.
- Rams players and coaches to directly benefit junior talent through the region.
- Facilitate and provide development opportunities and a pathway for players and coaches throughout the region.
There is potential for the role to be full time role or for the duration of the NZ NBL season (approximately April to July) dependent on the skills, experience and fit of the candidate.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Strong experience and track record as a coach at the NBL, ANBL, US College or other professional levels of coaching
- Leadership and communication skills to grow our brand and the wider basketball brand in the community through leadership by example, sharing knowledge and encouraging collaboration
- Extensive coaching experience leading both team and individual player development in a high performance environment, with a proven track record of players progressing onto higher achievements
- Ability to plan and manage support staff including a strong understanding of sports science and managing these support services in a both a team and player development environment
- Successful track record of working within high school aged high performance programmes
If you wish to be considered please send a covering letter and comprehensive CV to Caleb Harrison, firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 8th October.