Wilkins was born and raised in Lilburne, Georgia (USA) where he attended Greater Atlanta Christian School. He then signed to play his college basketball at the University of Virginia where he studied and played for 4 years. In his junior year he led the university in rebounding, blocked shots and steals. He also was named to the All-ACC Defensive Team. Then in 2017-18 (senior year) Wilkins was a captain in the team while being named All-ACC Defensive player of the year. Isaiah played alongside New Zealand Jack Salt at the University of Virginia and played for coach Tony Bennett who played in the New Zealand for the North Harbour NBL team. After college, Isaiah joined the Houston Rockets for the NBA Summer League and then received a training camp deal at the Charlotte Hornets. Out of his training camp deal with the Hornets he was signed to the Greensboro Swarm roster to play in the NBA G-League.
- Favourite Food: Chicken Alfredo
- Favourite Off Court Activity: Riding my bike
- Favourite Music Genre: Neo Soul or Hip Hop
- Person who has influenced my basketball the most: My Grandpa
- Signature Basketball Move: A spin move on the baseline
- Favourite Drill: Classic One on One
- Least Favourite Drill: 22’s
- Current Favourite NBA Team: The Bucks
- Current Favourite NBA Player and Why: Patrick Beverly - I like the way that he shows up and competes every night. He’s a scrappy defender who puts it all on the floor every time he goes out there and he plays with a chip on his shoulder.